Friday, October 18, 2019

Personal statement to apply to universities Essay

Personal statement to apply to universities - Essay Example I remember my father bringing home our first computer when I was just eight years old. I was simply fascinated with the machine. My father helped me learn how to use the computer to play games and listen to music. Since that time, I have loved the computer and my desire to know more about the different operating systems and how they work has strengthened. At King Saud University, I was fortunate enough to study database management, networking, assembly, and architecture. The knowledge that was offered through database management empowered me to track pertinent information about people, clients, potential donors, as well as current donors and volunteers in an organizational system. I participated in a project for a library so that the library staff could use the database to search for clients by their last name and by the book number. Also, a user could search for books at another library. It was such a successful project that the university considered implementing it at the university’s own library. In addition, managing knowledge through a database is a crucial element in being successful in one’s career. I am now in a position to productively use information from diverse sources without having to encounter obstacles. If I do meet an obstacle I have the ability to resolve the problems that I may encounter effectively. I worked on a team project called Network that allowed employees at a company to build connections with one another, enabling them to send messages and attachments over the network. On the day of the project presentation, one of the computers failed to respond to commands and all we could see was a blank blue screen. The whole group panicked but I stayed calm and quietly tried my best to fix the computer. It started working after a while and the project was a great success. I possess the ability to achieve as well as sustain success in an organizational setup. Thanks to the concepts and insights I have gained

No comments:

Post a Comment